At the National Association for Family Child Care (NAFCC), relationships with local family child care associations serve an important role in our mission to support and leverage a nationwide network of providers and partners in expanding and promoting the power of family child care, by connecting practice, policy, and research.
In 2022-23, NAFCC worked with a group of FCC leaders to re-envision affiliation. In 2024, NAFCC will relaunch the Affiliate program with the following goals:
- Build capacity and provide additional support to local FCC-led associations & networks
- Grow NAFCC’s base by providing more engagement opportunities for FCC educators
- Strengthen the collective voice of FCC educators by uniting all FCC-led groups
Applications are open for FCC-led organizations or groups that are aligned with NAFCC’s mission. Please consider applying if ALL of the following applies to your organization.
- Mission Aligned: Actively working towards a vision and mission that closely relates to NAFCC’s mission to support and leverage a nationwide network of providers and partners in expanding and promoting the power of family child care, by connecting practice, policy, and research.
- FCC Leadership: Current or recent former family child care educators must make up atleast 50% of the organization’s board and/or leadership. This may also include home-based license-exempt or FFN caregivers.
- Organization in good standing: The organization must be incorporated, have 501c3 status remain in compliance with all state laws governing non-profit organizations. Affiliates may have a fiscal sponsor that meets the criteria.
- Robust Engagement with overlap with NAFCC: Must have at least 30 members or participants who are also currently members of NAFCC (will be verified during application process).
- Geographic Eligibility: Must be a statewide association or meet one of the geographic eligibility options.
- Organizational Capacity: Organization must have at least 1 full-time, part-time or stipend-ed staff or contractor responsible for affiliate leadership.
*If an organization doesn’t meet the fifth & sixth criteria, organizations may still apply for consideration as an emerging or local affiliate.
Apply here by Monday, October 30 to be considered for the initial rollout in 2024.
If none of the above criteria apply to you, consider becoming a NAFCC partner. More information will be available in 2024. Sign up here to stay in the loop & receive more information once that’s available.
If you are a FCC educator and interested in growing your leadership, consider applying for NAFCC’s Leaders Shaping Leaders fellowship.
What are the benefits of Affiliating with NAFCC?
|Discounted NAFCC Membership
|Co-Branding & Promotion
|Special Access for Your Members
|Affiliate Leader Support & Networking
What are the next steps?
- Attend an affiliate informational session
- Dates for the informational sessions have passed. Please view the recording here with passcode H2Jtm#52.
- Share and review the Affiliate Enrollment Guide with your organization’s board and/or leadership. NAFCC staff members are available for individual meetings to answer questions.
- Complete the online Affiliate Interest Form. To be included in the initial round, applications will be due by Monday, October 30.
- NAFCC will notify applicants of their status by December 1.
- Once approved, organizations will need to sign the affiliate agreement. Official board approval is needed for the affiliate agreement (not the application).
For more information, please read the Affiliate Enrollment Guide. If you have any questions, please contact NAFCC at email@example.com.