NAFCC is a nationwide non-profit organization dedicated to promoting high quality child care by strengthening the profession of family child care for nearly one million paid home-based early learning programs serving almost 40% of the 6.7 million children who receive care from a nonrelative on a regular basis.
Current Jobs Opportunities
Accreditation Customer Service Specialist
Compensation: $17.00 per hour
Reports to: Director of Accreditation
Date Revised: May 2022
The accreditation customer service specialist (ACS) will report to the Director of Accreditation and work closely with all accreditation executive assistants to plan, organize and manage incoming accreditation inquiries and outgoing communication resolutions to providers.
The Accreditation Customer Service specialist will correspond with FCC providers and staff to resolve provider inquiries, direct calls and emails to appropriate team members, follow -up on open inquiries, and update and manage accreditation data logs. This person will also assist in researching new and existing FCC providers accreditation status and help advance candidates through the accreditation process.
This role requires a skilled administrative professional who is knowledgeable about the accreditation processes of early childhood education and the family child care industry within the United States. The ACS will have knowledge and experience with technical systems such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google drive functionality. He/she must be able to use their own computer operating system to access Microsoft Outlook and Teams. Additionally, this role will require excellent written and verbal communication thoroughness when doing information intake for optimal work performance effectiveness.
The Accreditation Customer Service Specialist play an essential role in the NAFCC accreditation process by:
- Ensuring all accreditation providers phone and email inquiries are acknowledged and responded to in a timely manner as directed by the Director of Accreditation.
- Prepare all necessary and relevant documentation for data inquiry logs. Must work efficiently to close all customer inquiries within a timely manner as directed by the Director of Accreditation.
- Collaborate with fellow team members to provide updates and communicate provider resolution outcomes via phone and/or email.
- Participate in briefings to understand the accreditation application process in an effort to provide accurate knowledge about NAFCC accreditation processes, policies and procedures.
- Provide high quality customer service to all NAFCC stakeholders via phone and email. Correspondence and resolution activities will include family child care providers, associations, affiliates and agencies who seek information about NAFCC and its products and services.
This job is a remote position. The Accreditation Customer Service Specialist will operate in a professional work space at home and is responsible for the usage of their own office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This contracted position will require a maximum of 15 hours per week.
Required Education and Experience
- A high school diploma with some college experience
- Experience in the Early Childhood Education field
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Demonstrated experience in an administrative role and understanding information technology.
- Skilled in customer service management
- Excellent people skills
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to corporate mission.
- Flexible and able to multitask; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions.
Please email your cover letter and resume to Hr@nafcc.org by May 31, 2022.