Family Child Care Professional
The Community of Practice is intended to cultivate future leaders and impact tomorrow’s early care and education through nationwide initiatives and projects. A network of peer mentors with diverse experiences share practices and strategies that are immediately applicable to participants’ professional situations. The experience creates a culture in which the cohort can rely on each other’s willingness to serve as sounding boards on a regular basis.
The Academy is a dynamic In-Person & Virtual Learning series that includes 30 sessions of interactive education and networking. 15 NAFCC Association leaders & 15 emerging leaders will participate in a year-long professional development of FCC specific leadership building and knowledge transfer in the four pillars listed. It is a curriculum strategically designed to strengthen institutional knowledge of FCC professionals and develop an appreciation for the importance of networking and strong connections in the setting.
Creating association impact through
identifying opportunity & taking data-informed action.
Building stronger business models
through enhanced financial decision-making.
Building networks of influence to achieve strategic goals.
Using finance and analytics to inform
planning and policy agenda.
Leaders Shaping Leaders aims to:
- Help FCC leaders sharpen their ability to sit as expert representatives of homebased child care in their local and state communities.
- Increase positive FCC leader interactions and improve association success through membership engagement.
- Build awareness of best business practices for association viability and support participating FCC leaders in financial planning for their individual futures.
- Train FCC leaders to be active participants in the democratic process – to take part in community policy development and problem resolution.
- Year commitment and beyond. It’s a journey not a process!