How will I be notified of my scheduled observation?
- If you select an Onsite/In-person observation, you will be given a 30-day window for the observation to be conducted.
- If you select a Virtual/Online observation, you will be sent a Doodle Poll to provide your specific date of availability, and you will be required to have a 1-hour Pre-Visit observation the day before your scheduled observation. (For Example, if you select Tuesday, your Pre-Visit will take place on Monday for 1 hour).
What platform do I need for a Virtual observation?
Virtual observations are through Zoom. Use the link below to download the free application before your scheduled observation.
What are the Zoom System Requirements?
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in, USB plug-in, or wireless Bluetooth
- A webcam or HD webcam – built-in, USB plug-in, or: An HD cam or HD camcorder with a video-capture card
Supported operating systems
- macOS X with macOS 10.9 or later
- Windows 10*, 8, & 7
Supported tablet and mobile devices
- iOS and Android devices
- Blackberry devices
- Surface PRO 2 or higher, running Windows 8.1 or higher
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11+, Edge 12+, Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
- macOS: Safari 7+, Firefox 27+, Chrome 3
- Linux: Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
Note: Some features in the web client are not supported on Internet Explorer.
Are virtual observations longer or are they the same amount of time as in person?
The duration of a Virtual observation is 4 to 5 hours.
What is Doodle Poll?
Doodle is an online scheduling tool. Doodle offers several different ways to set up polls and surveys that will help you quickly and efficiently set up your next meeting or event.
Will my observation be in my preferred language?
We currently have 2 languages available for observations in English & Spanish.
When should I receive my score and decision after the observation?
You will receive your score and decision within 90days after the observation.
What if I don’t have enough children on the day of the observation?
You must at have at least 2 children to participate in a virtual observation. If not, you will have to contact the accreditation department to be rescheduled. All reschedules must happen within a 10-day window.
How can I re-schedule my Virtual Observation?
It is not recommended to re-schedule your virtual observation unless is in a case of emergency. You need to email your observer and firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours in advance.