|Child Care Trends|
1) Competition from other child care programs will continue to increase.
2) There will be more competition from providers exempt from regulation.
3) There will be more competition from large child care centers.
4) Parents will demand more from their caregiver and will be more likely to leave one program
5) There will be a greater demand for specialized services.
6) It will take longer to fill child care openings.
7) More parents will be looking for objective standards of quality.
8) More child care programs will close because of financial pressures.
9) Providers who have good business skills and the ability to communicate with parents will be
more likely to succeed.
This handout was produced by Think Small (www.thinksmall.org).
For Tom’s entire publications visit: NAFCC Store (NAFCC members receive a discount)
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/tomcopelandblog
"Become a member of the National Associaton for Family Child Care, (http://www.nafcc.org/) and receive monthly business e-newsletters, discounts on books by Tom Copeland, IRS audit help, and much more."